An early 1950’s (pre 1955) view of the docks from the basin with coal tips numbers 2, 8, 10 and 13 still in place. Tip numbers 19 and 20 had been removed in the mid-1930's and replaced with cranes. The Mission to Seamen is at the extreme right and the black painted, semi-circular workshops are Quonson huts; a left-over from the US during the war years. In the River Ely distant is the iron-ore wharf.
[013] The lower image version has been colourised.