Penarth Dock, South Wales - 150 years - the heritage and legacy  
Penarth Dock, South Wales - the heritage & legacy . . .

Volume Eight - Pre-Victorian to the present day - more aspects - The White Funnel Fleet - P & A Campbell Limited

'Waverley'

The first 'Waverley' at Burham-on-Sea. Built in 1887 at the yard of H. McIntyne & Co. at Paisley, she was of 258 gross, 52 net tons, 206 feet long x 21'-1" breadth and 7'-5" depth. The engines were built at Hudson & Corbett of Glasgow and she served until 1920 when she was sent to the ship breaker's yard. [154]
 
P.S. 'Waverley' leaving Pier Head, Cardiff in 1894.
P.S. 'Waverley' leaving Pier Head, Cardiff in 1894. Ahead of her is a Cardiff Channel Sailing Pilot probably on her way out to intercept the next incoming ship for Cardiff. This somewhat sadly distressed photograph is from the Cardiff County Library's Media Collection. [626] [Archive reference 002113] [20180108]

 

© 2014 - 2018 - penarth-dock.org.uk - all rights reserved - web design by Dai the Rat