A postcard view from the Penarth Dock Collection of the new Dock Offices at the entrance to Bute Dock, Cardiff. The old clock-tower on the left of the lock remains but it looks that the clock faces have been removed having been replaced with the fine tower of the fine brick and terracotta faced structure designed by William Frame. The building was opened in 1897 as the headquarters for the Bute Dock Company after the previous building on the site was destroyed by fire in 1892.
[001]